How Moms Can Get Free Money to Start a New Business
Are you a mom who would like to start a new business? Many mothers who are raising children of various ages find themselves wanting to get involved in the running of a company. They enjoy the thought of being their own boss and also earning an income. Childrearing can be very rewarding, but so can having your own business. This article lists some organizations that are providing financial assistance to promising women entrepreneurs. You may be one of them.
Organizations offering funds for women
• WomensNet.net – The Amber Grant Foundation program is offered by this organization. Funding is provided every month for the purpose of assisting women in establishing their own small businesses. If you are a stay-at-home mom, you might be especially interested in this program, as it is geared specifically to online and home-based businesses. Funds in the amount of $500 to $1,000 are awarded. This type of financial aid will assist women with the lower expenses that may be incurred when starting up a small business, such as establishing a website or obtaining the proper supplies.
• Chicago Foundation for Women – Grants are awarded to women who are striving for ways to better themselves and also benefit others. There are two sources of funds:
1. Strategic Response Fund. The amount of $50,000 per year is awarded through this fund. Each woman who becomes a recipient will receive approximately $7,500 for the purpose of starting her business.
2. Sophia and Bayrach Fund. This fund requires applications to be sent in electronically.
• Halstead Bead Corporation – If you would like to start a jewelry business, this corporation can help you with its Annual Business Development Grant. To apply, you must be either studying jewelry design or already professionally designing jewelry. Every summer, a lucky lady will receive $6,000 in merchandise and cash to help her get started with a jewelry business.
• Women’s Financial Fund – If you are a motivated woman who would like to open your own business or already have your own company, this Fund has grants that can help you. There are two different types of grants, the New Business Grant and the Existing Business Grant. Funds can be awarded in amounts up to $5,000. With the New Business Grant, all types of companies are eligible. The Existing Business Grant provides funds to women who have a business that they would like to upgrade, thereby increasing the worth of their company.
• Business Owners’ Idea Café – Grants are provided to African-American women who already have a business that has been in existence for at least six months. The grant recipient will receive $1,000 in cash funding plus $1,500 in advertising.
There are many organizations that recognize the efforts of highly motivated women in starting and maintaining a business. These women may very well be mothers who are also raising a family. If you are a mom and have the desire to start or upgrade your own business, you’ve nothing to lose by researching if there is funding available to you.
Guest author Jennifer Lewis writes for a website that has advice on women entrepreneur grants including free grants for black women. She believes moms should follow their dreams and should not be deterred from starting a business due to lack of funds, as financial help is available.